Timothy Kerwin, M.D., FACRO
Board Certified Radiation Oncologist
Dr. Timothy Kerwin is a strong patient advocate, and believes in the integration of compassionate care with state of the art technology. He stresses a multidisciplinary approach to assure that treatment recommendations are made with careful consideration to achieve superior outcomes. Active in clinical oncology research, Dr. Kerwin has presented at national meetings and has several publications to his credit. Dr. Kerwin has been Chairman of the NCH Cancer Committee since 2014 and has served as Division Chief of Radiation Oncology at Physician’s Regional Medical Center since 2012. He has been named a Castle Connolly Top Doctor every year since 2015.
As a radiation oncologist, I approach each patient as a whole person rather than just their diagnosis. In addition to the technical side of medicine, the best care is given when we listen and learn about each patient’s goals, motivations, emotions, family and support systems, and the things that are most important to them in their daily lives.
- American Board of Radiology
Experience & Education:
- 2020 – 2021: GenesisCare, Naples, FL
- 2013 – 2019: 21st Century Oncology, Naples, FL
- 2011 – 2013: Premiere Oncology, Naples, FL
- 2008 – 2011: Bardmoor Cancer Center, Clearwater, FL
- 2007 – 2008: Chief Resident, Kaiser Permanente Department of Radiation Oncology, Los Angeles, CA
- 2004 – 2008: Resident Physician, Kaiser Permanente Department of Radiation Oncology, Los Angeles, CA
- 2003 – 2004: Residency, Emory University Department of Internal Medicine
- 2003: M.D. degree, Emory University School of Medicine
- 1999: B.S. Magna cum laude in Chemistry with Business minor, Tulane University